Spring Home & Garden Clean Up Checklist
Spring has arrived and many of us are gearing up to get our homes and gardens ready for the warm weather. We have compiled some handy lists that will help you get through your tasks ahead. These tasks may seem daunting and as seniors we often need help getting them done. Our friends at Seniors Lifestyle Care can help direct you to the assistance you may need for your Spring Clean Up!
Spring Garden Clean Up Checklist
Walk through your yard and garden to make a list of needs as a start.
- Trim trees and bushes
- Remove last season perennials that have died
- Remove or compost dead leaves, dried plants and debris
- Refresh or rake mulch
- Repair fences, steps and pathways
- Clean birdfeeders and bird baths
- Service your lawn mower, leaf blower and/or weed trimmer
- Prepare any new plant/flowerbeds
- Decide if you want new plants and where you will plant them
- Purchase any needed soils, fertilizer or mulch
- Prep your patio furniture. Does it need to be cleaned or replaced?
Spring Home Clean Up Checklist
Many chores around the home get left to tend to until the spring. It is best to plan ahead for an overall clean up. Try not to overdo it and if you need help…ask!
- Check the batteries on the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace as needed.
- Wash windows. Wait for a cloudy day. Warm sun may dry any cleaners on the window before you can clean it off.
- Have any carpets cleaned.
- Vacuum or wash curtains and drapes
- Wash walls and baseboards
- Clean under and inside the oven and fridge
- Pack away winter clothing and bring out your warmer weather clothing. This is a good time to get rid of any clothing you may not want.
- Get rid of the dust bunnies – they are everywhere! Under the furniture, on the light fixtures, behind the cabinets.
- Vacuum your mattress. Vacuum your couches and chairs.
- Degrease the fronts of kitchen cabinets
- Clear out heating vents or ducts. You may want to call a professional for this.
Recent SLM Posts
- Why is having a calm and clean peaceful oasis important when you are a senior?on February 26, 2021 by Jason F. Hopkins
When you retire, there is another world of opportunities wai …
- Being A Senior: What Activities To Pursue As You Ageon February 26, 2021 by William Seavey
I’m 72, in good health, live in a very enviable part of the …
- At What Point Do You Consider Yourself OLD?on February 25, 2021 by William Seavey
Photo by alevision.co on Unsplash I recently had a birthday …
- Insurance Needs After Retirementon February 24, 2021 by Kevin Gardner
Although retirement can be a joyous occasion, there are many …
- The Benefits of an Active Social Life for Older Adultson February 24, 2021 by Sophia Smith
image source Your age doesn’t matter much – in truth, all pe …