Because our Summer Harvest Recipes were such a hit we thought we would also share our favorite Autumn Harvest Recipes as well! We hope you enjoy them! Thank you to all our contributors!
Balsamic Glazed Carrots
3 cups baby carrots
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Saute carrots in oil for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Mix to coat, and serve.
Slow Cooker Applesauce
6 large apples, any variety (approximately 3 pounds)
2 cinnamon sticks (optional)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup water
¼ teaspoon salt
- Peel and chop the apples into 1-2 inch pieces. (Depending how chunky you prefer your sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of the slow cooker. Close the lid.
- Cook on high for 4 hours. Stir twice during cooking
- Puree the applesauce (optional if you prefer a more chunky applesauce). Remove the cinnamon stick first if you decide to puree.
- Cool and store. Cool and store in refrigerator up to 5 days, 3 months in the freezer.
Note: Slow cooker times vary so be watchful of your pot!
Pureed Butternut Squash Soup
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 piece (2 inches) fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 – ¾ pounds small butternut squash, prepared and cut into ¾ inch cubes
¼ cup fresh orange juice
Coarse salt and ground pepper
Sour cream (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and squash; cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in 4 cups water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until squash is tender, 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in 2 batches. When blending hot foods, allow the heat to escape to prevent splattering. Remove the cap from the hole of the blender's lid, and cover with a dish towel. Stir in juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Serve hot, with sour cream, pepper, and pumpkin seeds, if desired.
1 head cauliflower
½ cup sour cream
½ shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dry ranch salad dressing mix (ie. Hidden Valley)
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover and steam until very tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a bowl, mash and strain excess water.
- Mix cauliflower, sour cream, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing mix, onion powder and garlic powder together in 9 inch baking dish; top with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbling, 30 to 45 minutes.